Friday 12 June 2020

The Lepidopterist

Here is a comic!

I wrote this script around 2016, so it is not a hot take or anything.

It is my first attempt at digitally colouring and lettering my work. This means that I've learnt a lot, but already see plenty that I want to improve next time!

I've tagged each page with a script for use by e-readers and the like. This is also my first time trying to add accessibility features to my comics, so let me know if there's ways I could do that better.

Here is a link to a PDF that strives to find a balance between resolution and file size. It comes in at around 10MB.

For those looking for something a little smaller, here's a super low resolution copy roughly 2MB in size.

Content warnings: butterflies, mild unrealistic violence, American imperialism.


Comic panel showing troops wearing wing-suits in an aircraft, waiting to jump. Captions read: My name is Li Jing. I hunt butterflies.
Just so you know, this image is also a link to the 10MB version of the comic.

2 comments:

  1. How wonderful - both to see you back in the world of comics, and drawing the kind of bizarre strip to which I'm drawn, like a moth to a flame. It's the matter-of-factness with which your story introduces wild ideas that makes it work. That and the antennae.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Greg! How's it going? I appreciate the moth comment! I was just looking through my art folders the other day and found all the hand-painted sheets of colour I did for our Dr WTF strip. Still very proud of that one :)

      Delete