Thursday, 21 June 2012

Bigfoots And Dinosaurs

I've spent the past two days working on illustrations for a personal project of mine. Remember the sort of art that used to grace the pages of Fighting Fantasy books? Beautiful, characterful art, each piece telling its own story while all together forging a unique and distinctive atmosphere? Well, that's what I was going for here. This is for a role-play game called Age of Iron, or, Bigfoots and Dinosaurs. It's all for private use, so I haven't been too worried about being a little derivative. Still, I liked the fast and scratchy feel to them, so I thought I would chuck them up here.      









4 comments:

  1. They are great Louis! Especially like the hairy dude and the mud men. Interesting to see a different kind of style from you. I like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are indeed very cool. I also love the hairy fella with the torch - he's got so much character. The one with the three skulls strangely reminds me of the types of alien from Fighting Fantasy #18 - 'Rebel Planet' - how's that for some arcane nerdery?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont think I ever did any Fighting Fantasy - Grail Quest was the one I was a fan of, really loved those books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was fondest of the Sorcery! quartet - a tricky, epic, deeply-involved quest, and some peerless illustration from the great John Blanche. Ah, takes me back...

    ReplyDelete