Wednesday, 25 April 2012

Introducing The Lamashtu

We end Vanguard Month looking forward to issue three, out later this year. Here is some design work I've been doing, for a new beastie being added to the mix.

Turns out if you put a donkey's ears on a cat's head, it ends up looking like a badly drawn rabbit. This didn't phase those zany Mesopotamians when they thought up Lamashtu. Part bird, part lion, part donkey, all woman! Seven women actually; I was contemplating drawing it with seven heads, but then I remembered how quickly that would multiply up across the whole comic, and common sense prevailed. 




This is just one of the many challenges Dirk Van Dom has thrown at me with this script. I'm sure I'll be talking about my progress soon enough, but next I think I'll be hyping up some of the new small press releases you should really be checking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment