Monday, 16 January 2012

Regeneration!

Editor Owen Watts is no doubt going to throttle me for this unwanted piece of continuity, but my two Doctor WTF?! characters both have the same monocle, so it was an alternative canon just waiting to happen.




While we are talking about good ol' Doctor 23, it occurred to me that I'm not sure how many people will have seen this:




Owen had the idea of putting in DVD-extra-esque goodies for people who bought digital copies of Dr WTF?! 2011, and this is my contribution. It is the panel that you can't remember reading and I can't remember drawing. I do remember waking up to find I had scribbled all over my face with what had, until that point, been my best pens. Go figure.

Anyway, enough of Doctor 23, he is sooo last year. Now is the hour of Hauptmann Who, and next week I'll be previewing some finished art! See ya then.

5 comments:

  1. Nah - I liked the idea of there being continuity between artists doctors - I just didn't say it to anyone. It says a great deal about your brain that you've added some continuity cake in there. Sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fascist high five!

    He really does have an unfeasibly large and jolly hat, doesn't he?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not five, just three, the three fingers forming a 'W', for 'Who', and inevitably having a connection with the triskele, which time travelling druids would have me believe has connections with the swastika, and there are two doctors here, so you can make a 23 out of that, which leads me to that army of Nazis that drowned in that massive subterranean lake that sprawls under Europe, and that is what I have to say about that!

      And yes, his hat is pleasantly jolly.

      Delete
  3. Well, that's me bloomin' well told! Never again will I underestimate the level of esoteric detail that you manage to pipe into your Fortean endeavours, sir!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was originally just a Venture Brothers reference, but I decided that was too obscure.

      Delete