Thursday, 16 December 2010

Christmas Is A Time For Cthulhu

At least, such is the association that has been firmly implanted in my head. This is in part due to the brilliant Christmas albums produced by the H. P. Lovecraft Historical Society, but also to the diverse range of gift ideas that become available when you are buying for a Lovecraft enthusiast. My Wonderful Ladyfriend and I both love these works, and as such there has not been a recent Christmas that has failed to involve some sort of tentacled presents.

As well as making use of the vast range of books and other merchandise, I like to turn my hand to making some gifts myself. As such, before the Twelfth Night, I hope to put up some pictures of my work.

Let's start with a bar relief made of clay, obviously inspired by both the original Call Of Cthulhu, and the splendid prop made by the HPLHS for their silent movie adaptation of this classic story.

   
Next up: a prehistoric Deep One, and a hot water bottle cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment