Tuesday, 9 November 2010

Dr WTF?!

Here are some drawings of a character I like to call Twenty Three.

Why? Because knowing a Doctor by his number is how people do this sort of thing.

Or so I have been led to believe.

This is Doctor WTF?! and his companion Septaline, the lovable scamp. These characters were created by one Oscar Maltby (AKA Ozebane), my partner in crime for the deranged brainchild of Owen Watts.

You see, Owen had a dream. He dreamt of a new vision for that old family favourite. In a fictional world where, canonically, canon is non canon (see RTD's comments at Den of Geek ), Owen wanted a Doctor that was less canon than any other Doctor ever!

So move over Peter Cushing. Forget about it Rowan Atkinson. There is a new Non-Canon Champion, and not just the one! Owen has assembled a whole host of writers, artists, and other creative types. I'm sure by the end of the project we'll have shown that "13 lives" rule where it can shove itself.

Right up the Eye of Harmony, is what I mean.



3 comments:

  1. Don't get me wrong friend - I love canon. I eat canon cake.

    However it tends to shoot creative nutters like ourselves in the feet. So it's better to be canon free in our anthology, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh certainly! Hopefully my post celebrates this freedom, I certainly didn't mean to knock it in any way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Digging that first panel a lot. The smiley-faced guy has me cracking up. Give my regards to Ozebane!

    ReplyDelete